Tuesday, September 18, 2012

HP Color LaserJet CM2320 MFP 'PCL XL error'

Chrichtian Neal : HP CM2320 PCL XL error

CM2320 PCL XL error


Of late, my office HP Color LaserJet CM2320 started an error:

PCL XL error
     Subsystem:  TEXT
     Error:      InternalError 0x50
     Operator:   BeginChar
     Position:   32

I was, from the beginning, able to solve the problem by resetting the printer. I power off the printer. Press and held down the right button and X (cancel) until 'permanent storage init' displayed. This resets all the setting to original settings, and if you had it configured to manual network setting, you might consider reconfiguring the printer manually again.

It was ok for a day or two, and then restarted again. But this time the above solution did not even last for an hour. I had to keep repeating same procedure.

I then visited the HP website (my OS is Windows 7 64-bit) and downloaded the firmware...after a successful update of the firmware, all was kicking as new.

Hope this helps....

6 comments:

  1. I can't be sure about that. Newer printers are being enhanced with other capabilities to mean 'multifunction'. Like the HP Color LaserJet CP3525n is designed to do plastic cards. One thing to consider is the grade of the PVC card. This could mean a lot when it comes to laser printing from plastic card. 'ANY' is not a best case scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chasey. I see that the error here and there are almost related. Let's make the world a better place. ¡Hasta luego!

    ReplyDelete